Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Architecture

There's an article in the New York Times today about a new condo building that was designed with ideas of the boundaries between public and private space in mind.
.
.
.

>>(I can't find a link to it you don't have to pay for. As I proceed, you'll have to trust me. truuust me.)<<

Here's the catch: in a world like ours where these boundaries are shifting radically (back story: we live in a world driven by a love of voyeurism), it turns out to be a condo made out of glass with holes in the walls between rooms. And guess who's fault it is: Facebook and Paris Hilton.



YOU RUIN EVERYTHING


Anyway the artcicle was titled "BREAKING TREND: PEOPLE WANT TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE NAKED, FIND OUT HOW SOMEONE TERRIBLE/ATTRACTIVE THEY JUST MET WOULD FILL OUT A FACEBOOK PROFILE," and it already won a Pulitzer.


this is what happens if you google image search "weak snap"


"lame link snap"


I think the Facebook charge is viable in the way a lot of time Facebook will turn into looking at pictures of people you don't know but who look kind of like you and your friends doing things that look kind of like things you do, and it's creepy and demoralizing. I believe that kind of thing would happen in and around the glass condo a lot. Also, the thought "I wanna live in the glass condo," would probably happen outside the condo a lot. Followed by a trouble maker in the group of people you are with outside the condo who would say "I wouldn't want to live there," followed by a lot of silent "shut the fuck up"s.

1 comment:

Nick said...

"It's like building a new house/with no roof/ and no doors (Damn. I'm sorry.)"
- Ruben Studdared