Saturday, October 6, 2007

the Patriarchy is cracking me up over here

If I've said it once, I've said it hundreds of thousands of times: the hierarchy of funniest people goes
1) Middle-aged men (happy)
2) Middle-aged men (divorced)
3) Kind middle-aged lesbians with can-do attitudes
4) 11 year olds who act like they really have their shit together

So anyway, in my keeping up with media coverage of the epic battle between MySpace and Facebook (see: epic battle between fun parties with your cool friends and boring houses filled with everyone you went to high school with. Who's gonna win?) I came across this quote from straight-up Tom:

"He called me once and couldn't log in for some reason. I was trying to help him over the phone, saying, 'Type this. Type that. What do you see on your screen?' And he says, 'It says, 'Welcome John.' And I'm like, 'John? Why does it say John?' and he says [affecting his own version of the deep, slightly cranky voice], 'I don't use my real name on MySpace.'"

Guess who "He" is...

Guuuuessss...

It's Myspace Graphics
<

Rupert Murdoch couldn't get onto his MySpace so he called Tom, and then accidentily spilled the beans that he has a secret account and his myspace alias is "John."

!!!!!!!!!!!

LO...LO..OM...JOHN...L...LOL
I don't even know where to go from here

Old white men, you've done it again. My day is made. You had me from "Hello. Hello, hi, I founded Western civilization"

No comments: