Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Internet? Let's just get rush tickets to RENT

You can't keep Gen-X down

Here's another way to make a zine: fold a piece of paper into get a blog.

And then this reminded me of a video zine (Remember?) but it turns out it's from 2006.

This is what happens when you search "cool music" on Yahoo!. ZING! This reminded me 1) of watching "Reality Bites" with a girl who made me not talk 2) Getting a free AIDS test w/my lover (dreads over here) and 3) a lot of situations I've hated being in. This one starts with
college friend: my co-worker David is having a BBQ you should totally come. You'd really like him.
me: Oh fer sher. What's his deal?
cf: He's in a band and his friends are all like *cRaZy* artists
me: Oh cool
cf: It's, like, an alt-country band. They're pretty big.
me: great
cf: But it's like..He has an MFA and he writes poetry so ...
me: Wow. Great.
cf: And I'm gonna go ahead and let you know he's like 35+
me: I'm still excited about the poetry
cf: Yeah, he published a collection. It's called "Actual Air."
me: Beautiful. That's beautiful. "Actual Air." Shivers.
cf: Sometimes he does ironic Britney Spears covers..if HE GETS DRUNK ENOUGH!!!!
me: I really think the world needs that right now
both: LET'S GET READY TO NOT REALLY HAVE THAT MUCH FUUUU-UUUUNNN

No comments: