Monday, November 10, 2008

tout est different!

I've learned a lot of things during the last 4 years of keeping this blog. One of the lessons I'll never forget is that Liz leans slightly toward Hendrik Hertzberg, while I lean away, thinking, "All writing should be like this, it shouldn't deserve praise. Plus the essay in Politics where Hertzberg writes about how he's finally matured enough to understand that he deserves all of his success is unattractive." Secondly, I learned that, regarding Bernard-Henri Levy, I let my judgment err on Levy's side, while Liz is dismissive and resistant, closing her mind and attempting to shut down any dissenting voices by means of fear and violence.

Here are related videos:

BHL on Sarah Palin:


Hendrik Hertzberg on moments of soberness and whimsy on the campaign trail:

No comments: