Friday, November 7, 2008

Headline from the near future

"Bristol Palin's child born: Everyone feels weirded out and regretful and awkward about it."
Look for it. Having to deal with that (Sarah Palin generally) was complicated, and the reminder (Bristol Palin's baby) in a month or whatever is going to come at a really uncomfortable time in our greater healing process. Just when we're out there really stepping into our confidence like "you know what? Yes, we can. I think we really can," it's gonna be:
He's a superhunky bad-boy ice hockey player from cold country; she's a chestnut-haired beauty and popular high school senior.
The all-American teen twosome will make GOP vice presidential pick and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin a grandma at age 44 - just in time for Christmas.
Doe-eyed Bristol Palin, 17, and ruggedly handsome Levi Johnston, an 18-year-old self-described "f---in' redneck," have been dating a year, locals in Wasilla, Alaska, told the Daily News.

Personally, I advocate playing it cool when that time comes. Just ignore it.

That said, I already miss Sarah Palin.

Dear Sarah Palin,
You remind me of the fantasy where you go to 50s prom and your girlfriend -- who you probably just made love to for the first time -- dies in a terrible accident. (car, here, is 50s-themed space car). And the rest of your life you feel 1) responsible for her death, 2) resentful that she existed at all if she was just going to give you one night of passion and then a lifetime under the constant weight of her absence. Also, right now you seem like a beautiful ghost face blasting into heaven saying like "I don't want to go! I'm scared! Don't let this happen to me!" while your eyes are like "I know I must leave," and I don't know what to trust.



if that were Sims, in a spaceship, and more optimistic seeming, that's how I'll remember Sarah Palin.

Just some food for thought

No comments: