Friday, September 12, 2008

John McCain: Spread out in the soil? I investigate.

As you probably could have guessed, Liz and I are undecided voters. We're the kind of people who like to wait til we have all the facts. It's called being a responsible citizen. Google it.

On account of this I was so happy to read the following on n+1's website today:

...Above all, the mythology must prove that the man in the flesh, standing before you, is not the man who matters. He is larger than this; his blood has been spilled and his spirit loosed; we will be washed in his blood. Is it a Christian allegory? McCain can’t lift his arms high enough to be pinned to a cross. It is all loose revelation: he died for us; he is the Great Papa in the sky; he was a man, but it’s all right if he should disappear; he is spread out in the soil, and above the clouds; this time, it is Country First.

This point resonates so strong and clear I want to be washed in its blood! You know what I'm saying? You dooooo. How crazy did your "really helpful criticism (and scholarship!) ahead" blinkers start blinking when the author revealed a Christian allegory lurking beneath culture's pale facade?

Opinion section:
Personally, I don't get why pale facades even exist. Sometimes I think we should ban mere images altogether. As a society.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

what. the. fuck.

Liz said...

I'll sign your ban on images, but only if they are mere. THE OTHERS STAY.

I think you should be more grateful that N+1 is around to help liberate you from the cave. And then to remind you what the cave is an allegory for. In the house style.