Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Indigo Children +


And god said "let there be art for folders. I looooves folders." You know what I love god? This girl. I saw her on Craig Fergusen a couple years ago billed as a "talented kid painter," and she threw me for a loop I never got thrown out of when the incomparable CF asked her why she likes to paint and she told him it was because she met god when she was 3.
Explore this:
http://www.artakiane.com
Grad student friends: why do things that look like Akiane's art seem so beautiful, but remain so easy to dismiss? I know what you're thinking (colonialism colonialism colonialism technologies of the booooddaaayyy), but I think it's a good question.

Akiane claims to be an Indigo Child, which is a supposed new breed of child with special powers/special genes that started popping up in the early 80s. The old brainy brain isn't doing so well right now (see "Blogs for dogs") so please watch this. Things pick up after the fat kid shuts his fat face

On a similar note to that question about Akiane's folder art, all this talk about red auras and autistic kids being magic seems so easy and exciting to believe and digest. Why?

Also: Dakota Fanning -- I call Indigo on you.

blogger out

No comments: