Saturday, April 12, 2008

That's all crochet!

Here’s an early 420 gift to you, readers (you can’t say I don’t care):





That’s all crochet! For realsies.

It's part of this "crochet coral reef project," which is my new boyfriend. I know it looks a little bit like an Anthropologie catalogue, but if you ask me there's nothing better than art that takes old-fashioned mimesis, filters it through an abstract principle, and then turns out to be about saving the planet! (Hence my closet full of holographic Humani-tees.) Also, I like art that doesn't have its effect until you say something like "that's all crochet!"

Anyway, this makes me want to learn handicraft. Or basic geometry. Or to appreciate the natural environment.

Here's my impression of the coral reef project artists:



1 comment:

Maven said...

This POST is my new boyfriend.