Thursday, January 10, 2008

From the geniuses that brought you capitalism: not making everyone happy

If myspace has taught us anything it's that everybody loves these:

In analyzing the picture, however, tough questions arise. Namely:
How hard would it be to sell these tiny monkeys? It couldn't be that hard. I'm talking to you, capitalists. There is clearly a huge market. Now I'm thinking "maybe reality proves that the market is only for pictures of the tiny monkeys, and myspace has been erected as such a market, with a free flow of an infinite supply of tiny monkey pictures that we've all chosen to make for ourselves and participate within, at no cost, because that's how much we love the pictures of tiny monkeys."

But upon further consideration of the picture I'm thinking "I want the real tiny monkeys now."

This is an excerpt from my thesis "Capitalism: As great as we originally thought? Maybe, but probably not completely."

No comments: