Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Bring back gold


As anyone who knows me knows, I’ve been planning my mansion for years. My sketchbook from when I was eight is filled pretty much front to back with mansion designs. One mansion has six mini-golf courses, and another one has soda fountains in every room (which it turns out are not fountains made of soda, and they suck. See: disillusionment, Salem). Most feature sliding as the exclusive means of transportation.
The best rich people were the rich people of late-19th-century America. They understood what being rich was really about: owning a lot of shit, and putting gold on all your shit. And being really into the Near East. Mansions today in comparison are like dirty hovels. I would be cooler with getting rid of inheritance tax if there was a law that rich people had to commission third-graders to design their mansions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you watched SNL last weekend, but you should (even though it was incredibly boring). There was a commercial about gold that made me think of you. Keep fighting the good fight.